A small group lodge safari, no participation, from Victoria Falls to Cape Town safari through Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa
Victoria Falls to Cape Town safari Highlights: Victoria Falls, Chobe National Park, Caprivi, Mahangu National Park, Okavango Delta, Etosha National Park, Himba Experience, Rock paintings in Brandberg and Twyfelfontein, Swakopmund, Sossusvlei, Sesriem, Fish River Canyon, Orange River, Cedarberg, Cape Town.
Group Size: minimum 4 people, maximum 12 people
Type of Safari: Lodge Safari
Accommodation: We make use of mid-range typical African standard lodge accommodation. Accommodation is situated either in National Parks, on the banks of a river, or in other places of interest. The accommodation will be a mix of lodges, chalets and tented camps with private bathrooms.
To view a shorter version of this safari which includes similar highlights, please click here to view our Southern Skies tour.
Day 1: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- This evening you will meet your guide and the rest of the group for your pre-departure meeting.
Day 2-3: Victoria Falls to Chobe National Park, Botswana
- This morning your guide will take you on a tour of the mighty Victoria Falls
- A morning game drive in the Chobe National Park
Day 4: Caprivi, Namibia
- Leaving Botswana, we drive through Chobe National Park before crossing over into Namibia and driving through the Caprivi.
- Camp Kwando
Day 5-6: Caprivi to Okavango Delta, Botswana
- We leave our camp on the Caprivi for Etsha 13, on the western border of the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
- Mokoro Excursion (dug-out canoe) on the Okavango Delta
- Game drive to the Mahangu National Park
- 1½ hour guided walk in the Okavango Delta.
- Guma Lagoon Camp
Day 7: Okavango Delta to Kavango River, Namibia
- Leaving Botswana we make our way into Namibia and head along the Caprivi to Rundu.
- Kaisosi River Lodge
Day 8 -10: Etosha National Park, Namibia
- The following morning we head off to Etosha National Park.
- Game drives in the Etosha Game Park
- Namutoni and Okaukuejo
Day 11: Kamanjab – Himba Experience, Namibia
- In the afternoon we explore a Himba village
- Oppi Koppi Restcamp
Day 12: Omaruru, Namibia
- After our cultural experience in Kamanjab we head southwards to Omaruru.
- We will stop at local distillery and small wine cellar to taste some of its home-grown produce
- Omaruru Guest House
Day 13-14: Cape Cross Seal Colony and Swakopmund, Namibia
- We move westwards across the desert plains travelling to Spitzkoppe
- A walk amongst the boulders to view the ancient Bushmen paintings and engravings
- Visit Cape Cross - the largest breeding place of the Cape Fur Seals.
- Hotel A La Mer
Day 15-16: Namib Naukluft National Park and Sossusvlei, Namibia
- The day is spent driving through the Namib Naukluft National Park
- Visit the world’s highest sand dunes at Sossusvlei and Deadvlei.
- We also stop to view the Sesriem Canyon.
- Agama River Camp
Day 17: Fish River Canyon, Namibia
- Today is a long driving day.
- Canyon Road House
Day 18-19: The Orange River, Namibia
- We leave this morning for our camp on the banks of the Orange River
- We stop at Ai-Ais, where thermal water rich in sulphates and fluorides and with a temperature of approx. 60°C gushes forth from the springs.
- Felix Unite Camp Provenance
Day 20: Orange River to The Cedarberg Mountains, South Africa
- We cross the border into South Africa and make our way down the West Coast.
- Clanwilliam Lodge
Day 21: Cedarberg Mountains / Cape Town, South Africa
- We enjoy a local favourite of Rooibos tea tasting. Rooibos is indigenous to the Western Cape and has major nutritional and health benefits.
- We stop at the beach on the Atlantic Ocean to view Table Mountain across the bay
- The Townhouse
Day 22: Departure
- Our safari ends after breakfast when you will be transferred to Cape Town International airport.