Our Intimate Zimbabwe & Botswana Encounter is a 15-day journey through the highlights of Zimbabwe – visit well-known attractions, explore the history & feel the thrill that Zimbabwe boasts. While you travel around Zimbabwe, you will stay in luxury lodges – lodges that we recommend & love.
This is a small-group lodge safari, giving you that intimate experience & feeling. The tour starts in Bulawayo & ends in Victoria Falls & includes all the highlights that we feel are the best in this colourful & interesting country.
Intimate Zimbabwe Lodge Safari highlights include; Matobo National Park and Rhodes Grave, Great Zimbabwe, Mana Pools, Lake Kariba and Matusadona National Park, Antelope Park, Painted Dogs Conservation Centre, Hwange National Park, Victoria Falls.
Day 1: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- On arrival into Victoria Falls Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
- This evening you will meet your guide and the rest of your group for your pre-departure meeting.
Day 2: Victoria Falls to Chobe National Park, Botswana
- After breakfast your guide will take you on a tour of the mighty Victoria Falls
- We then travel to Kasane in Botswana, the gateway to the Chobe National Park.
Day 3: Chobe National Park
- Start your morning with a hopefully spectacular game drive in Chobe National Park.
- Boat cruise on the Chobe River
Day 4-5: Chobe, Botswana to Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
- This morning we make our way across the border into Zimbabwe and to our lodge situated in a private concession near Hwange National Park.
- Numerous game drives
- A visit to the Painted Dog Conservation Centre
Day 6-7: Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
- Today we head off to Binga located on the south eastern shore of Lake Kariba, where we will board a luxury houseboat for a relaxing two-night trip.
- Umbozha Houseboats
Day 8-9: Matobo Hills, Zimbabwe
- Morning game viewing activities on Lake Kariba and cruise back to Binga where our voyage started.
- We travel southwards to the majestic Matobo Hills & Rhodes Grave.
- We spend the next day with tracking rhino spoor by vehicle and foot.
- Game drives
- Camp Amalinda
Day 10: Matobo Hills, Zimbabwe to Nata, Botswana
- We visit the Nata Bird Sanctuary
- Nata Lodge
Day 11: Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana
- A very early morning departure leads us to Planet Baobab near Gweta, from where we embark on an expedition to Ntwetwe Pan to encounter some of Botswana’s distinctive landscapes and extraordinary creatures.
- Planet Baobab
Day 12: Maun, Botswana
- Today we travel to Maun, a bustling safari town which serves as the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
- Thamalakane River Lodge
Day 13: Okavango Area Botswana
- We will float in dug-out canoes through the thick vegetation of the Okavango Delta discovering a variety of birds and wildlife.
- Bedouin Bush Camp
Day 14: Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
- Today we head into the famous Moremi Game Reserve & spend the day there.
- Bedouin Bush Camp
Day 15: End of Tour
- Our safari ends after breakfast.